The exhibition World War II opened at Slettebø on March 4th in 2007. Local war history in Dalane is presented within a national and international framework.
The exhibition consists of the following sections:
- Introductory section showing images from the war
- The outbreak of war in 1939/40 and an overview of international events
- Everyday life in Egersund during the war
- The resistance movement
- The Slettebø encampment and Operation Freshman
- Prisoners section
- The end of the war
- Reflection section: Conflicts following World War II and modern conflicts
There is a printed exhibition guide available.
The exhibition is located at Dalane Folkemuseum's facility at Slettebø in Egersund.